Friday, March 23

relationships

last week i wrote a post about some random thoughts 
since then i've had some great conversations with some of you about your thoughts 
it helped me make some great connections 

my sweet sister Lindsay, talked to me about how she has come to realize the importance of being happy right now and living in the now.  it sounds so much easier, how often do we sit down to do something and can't enjoy it because we are just thinking about what we have to do next.  living in the now is so rewarding.  it gives such great purpose to everything you do and at the end of the day even if you only accomplished 2 things off of your list you enjoyed those 2 things completely. 

another insight i had this week was about relationships.  sometimes i get so excited about all these things i'm going to do that it consumes me and takes all my free time.  i don't take time to improve relationships.  relationships take a lot of work and time(especially when you work everyday all day) but it's probably the most rewarding thing to spend your time doing.  this week i touched based with a few old friends, some from highschool, my old ward, dance friends, and family.  those conversations brightened my day.  and they encouraged me to be better about maintaining good relationships.  so if you get a phone call from me and think why is she calling me?? well it's because i like you and it's been too long since we've talked.  

if you are feeling discouraged or low i encourage you to reconnect with an old friend or plan a small gathering with a friend and i promise you after you spend time you will feel so much better about yourself because you spent time worrying and thinking about someone else instead of just wishing and dreaming and beating yourself up.  

No comments: