Wednesday, March 28

the green drink

my first pregnancy food aversion was to vegetables 
which was funny because prior to being pregnant I loved anything green 
but after a couple months of trying to gag down anything remotely good for me, I decided to try green smoothies.  I can honestly say I love drinking my smoothie everyday, but I really hated making it everyday.  that's a lot of chopping and cleaning. 
So I started making about 5 at a time. 
It works great and I'd recommend it for any smoothie(we now do it with Sam's protein shakes)
Just make a big amount, fill up the glass, cover with tinfoil and freeze 
I really prefer to use a mason jar but sometimes they are already being used so a glass works fine

Sam uses plastic water bottles since he is on the go
In the morning I take it out of the freezer and let it thaw throughout the day 
by 11-2ish it's in it's prime and delicious every time.
If you are just starting with green smoothies add a lot of sweet fruit(bananas, strawberries, oranges, pineapple, mangos etc.) and not as much spinach, but then overtime you can add more spinach as you become more accustomed to the flavor.  of course you can always add honey or vanilla for extra sweetness

2 comments:

Jill Kennedy said...

random but.... your new counter looks great!

sanda said...

hah, it really does, thanks! you guys should come over soon to check it out.