Friday, January 21

purpose.


this blog is the result of me being a people pleaser.
you all know that I am a huge people pleaser, it's just what I do
I'm the youngest of five
I was always being bossed around as a kid and never learned to fight back
as I've gotten older I've learned that and had to learn how to take care of myself
not necessarily to fight back but stick up for myself
create my own opinions
anyways, this post isn't about being a people pleaser
my purpose for this blog has changed.
it's no longer to please those around me
or to 'fit in' with the blog crowd

I have been thinking for a while my goals for this blog
there are so many great blogs around
like many of you I love scrolling through others blog
i'm so surprised how much I relate to complete strangers

Here are my hopes for this blog
a place to journal
(I love re-reading past post, it's a blast from the past, it's super fun)
a place to channel my thoughts
(let's face it we all have random thoughts, peeves etc. that make us who we are and I hope to be less self-conscious about these things and more confidant to share with the blogging world)
of course a place to stay in contact with those we love
(Mr. Richards and I are at an ever changing phase of life, so it will be challenging keeping everyone up to date but I'll try)
a place to share inspiration and hobbies
(both crafts and educational. I have a strong background in health and fitness I want to share what I know and read. I love making things pretty I want to showcase my projects to inspire all of you)

My blogging is a roller coaster. Sometimes I have so many ideas for posts turning in my head, I can barely get them typed, other times I am a blank slate. Obviously right now I'm motivated to blog. I hope that as I stay consistent my writing, thoughts, ideas will become more inspirational, diverse and clear to all those reading. I hope you'll stick around and check in frequently for updates from our little basement in SLC.

4 comments:

Stephanie K said...

way excited for the things you're doing with you blog! i know this is a little late, but whenever i'm discouraged i try to distract myself. i'm one of those people that wallows in their sorrows when they're down. it totally stinks. and the only thing i've been able to do to get past it is to distract myself - whether it's going out and window shopping, going to dinner, or whatever, but it usually constitutes getting out of the apt and breathing fresh air. sometimes that's all we can do is breathe and know that "this too shall pass." i think you're fantastic and i'm grateful to know you and to get to work closely with you now :) so thanks, honestly.

Rachel said...

love the 'purpose' of you blog, and I will continue to read about your adventures! I haven't updated our blog for oh, more then a year, haha. but i think I might start, new beginnings right? I have always loved the idea of it being a journal for me, maybe I will start there.

Rachel said...

*more THAN a year, I really do know how to speak and write...haha, honest.

Mom and Dad Richards said...

Amanda,
I am so sorry they did that to you. They will be sorry. You are so good at what you do and so responsible. We need to tell them that you get 3 days off for your birthday.
Love you,
Mom Richards