Sunday, January 30

changes

Sunday's seem to be the day that I write my longer posts...
must be my deep thinking days
well this week I did something I've never done before 
for the first time I gave my 2 weeks notice
I was so scared, I didn't really know how to say or approach the situation 
oh man, it felt so good once it was over 
20 pounds lifted from my shoulders 
thanks for the text's of encouragement and support from those of you that knew
I have felt so loved lately and I appreciate all of you taking care of me.

I was offered a full time job at an office
I already work there on my days' off from the hospital 
One of the ladies husbands just got called to be a mission president, adios to them 
so going into their busiest time of the year they desperately needed help 
lucky me i desperately needed a change 


When I had to decide between working at the hospital doing what I went to school for and being FT at the office I felt like my decision would effect the rest of my life
I felt like this sign, the consequence of this decision would result in either success or failure
I kept thinking, 'if I quit the hospital I might never work there again....'
well hopefully in a few years I'll start a family and never work full-time again so what does it matter where I work for the next couple years, as long as I am working 
it's good to take things seriously but sometimes you have to take a step back 
I had to stop worrying about 5 years from now and worry about now
what will make me happiest, my spouse happiest, and provide the best opportunities?
that was the bottom line for me 
so I accepted the FT job and gave my 2 weeks.
my whole life I've never had a full-time, salary paying job

I've been a free-spirit, with a wandering weekly schedule 
I'm not saying that working 40 hour weeks is something I will enjoy 
but I will enjoy the security, consistency and paid-Friday's off in the summer. 

I feel simply overwhelmed with gratitude for this opportunity
I recognize that many people are without work right now and I feel truly blessed to get to chose which job I works best for me at this moment of my life
cheers to a new adventure coming my way in two weeks. 
 

5 comments:

Hebdon Family said...

That is so great to hear! I'm really happy for you. And your crafts look so awesome!!! You are going to have to do some tutorials or something because my apartment is in need of some serious help!

Anna Peterson said...

Congrats Amanda! I'm so glad you get to have a little change. And I love the posts you've been putting up, its fun to read about you guys since sometimes we feel like we're on a different planet here in Provo! Anyway, I'm happy for you!!!

Nichole said...

Two thumbs up!

Stephanie K said...

Yay for a new job!!! Congrats - it'll be great, I know it! :)

Jessica said...

Congratulations on the new job! And for getting yourself out of a bad situation. That's not always easy to do. Also want to say: remember that you don't have to give up on your field. You chose it for a reason. And just because you take an unrelated job doesn't mean you can't get back into your field any time you want. And my two cents: I always knew I wanted to stay home if we had kids. (I'm also very proud that so many in our family have made this a priority!) So it was important to me to get my career to a certain point while I was still working. I'm really glad I did because it means more options for me now - freelancing is a great outlet for me, and should anything ever happen and I need to work again, part- or full-time, there are certain rungs on that ladder that I won't need to re-climb.
I really enjoy your posts, keep writing!