Friday, December 17

something that upsets me

No matter how great of a mood I am this will always get under my skin
picture this
You're walking home and approach a crosswalk.
You do what's right and wait for the little walk guy to flip up and the bird to chirp before you cross
As you cross the left hand turners start to turn and they should stop and wait for you to finish crossing.
But do they??
Not usually.
Instead they start to turn and inch closer and closer to you until they are maybe 20 feet from you
I just don't get why they can't wait under the light for you to finish crossing.

Yesterday I saw a right hand turner get mad/irritated at a pedestrian for crossing when he was supposed to and that he had to wait.

I tell you taking public transit to work and walking 2-3 blocks from the station each day has really opened my eyes to pedistrians . . . obviously
**This probably sounds rediculous to you but we all have our corks.

2 comments:

Stephanie K said...

I'll admit, I'm usually the one griping about pedestrians crossing the road... :( But I try to watch for them and even though I don't wait at the light until they're done crossing, I'll never run them over...so you can at least feel relieved the next time you see me inching closer and closer to you. :) This is seriously one of my irrational fears - running someone over. It's ridiculous!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I walk every day to work and class and deal with this all the time! I have been shocked at how people react when "how dare I walk across the street when I am suppose to be!" haha blows my mind really. People need to be more careful because the law, even without light signals, is that pedestrians have the right of way. It is angry drivers like that who end up accidentally hitting people! Anyways... I will get off my soap box now... haha.