Thursday, December 30

she's got talent

I have this aunt that I grew up calling crazy aunt carole
she was the aunt that took me to TGI Friday's every Friday for nacho's and shirley temples
(with extra cherries on the side)
Well she's got talent
She can take anything and make it look amazing
Her basement is filled with a mix of collectibles and junk but it looks and feels like you're stepping into a museum.
For the last few years she's been decorating a tree for the festival of tree.
Here are some pictures of this years, 'that 70's tree'

this is an entire spread
close up of her groovy sign and record border
these are wheels of tires, the flowers are made of melted bottles shaped into flowers
looks like it could be from anthropologie

Carole is my mom's sister but if they were standing next to each other you'd never guess it
but my mom is just as talented and creative
this year her quilting group submitting a quilt to the festival

Isn't it gorgeous!
I wish I would have taken a close up but the colors are wonderful.
And keeping up with tradition my sisters and mom did a tree too.
It's a girly tree
Just about everything is hand made and everything can be worn
the garland is individual necklaces, a very simple/fun craft
the 'ornaments' are hair clips, bracelets or broaches

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such unique and talented women.
They are inspirational and great examples


No comments: