Monday, December 13

no control

first of all, thanks for all of you that commented on my last post. I signed on today expecting no comments-maybe one. It made me feel so great to know somebody stops by and reads sometime, so thank you. Thanks for the compliments on the photo, we recently got our pictures taken, i'm trying to figure out how to center that photo, if any of you know let me know, thanks!

NOW the reason for this post
I have no self control what so ever when it comes to sweets!
This is something that has gotten worse throughout my marriage
My sweet teeth controls me.
Yesterday we made a delicious dessert, cream cheese meltaways with a lemon glaze

It was for a baptism afterparty
I ate three before and vowed to not have anymore dessert
Well a cookie, brownie and meltaway later I was finally done
Also I had leftover peppermint candy cane kisses from a YW activity
If you haven't tried these, they are worth any penny and so delicious.

I can't help myself everytime I see them in the kitchen.
So this morning I woke with an extra desire to take control and take a break from sweets
I thought, no sweets until the weekend, I can do that!
It didn't help that one of my patients brought a box of chocolates
Then the next one a plate of brownies and cookies...

don't mind if I do.

5 comments:

Abbie said...

Look at your cutie picture!! In response to your comment: I really REALLY want to. I am done on wednesday. For reals lets plan something wednesday or thursday night. Or we can wait until next week. I really want to see the KITCHEN!! WAY SO bad. I will call you lesb... cutie.

Mom and Dad Richards said...

All the holiday treats are way to good. I wish I had your self control. Thanks for the call yesterday. You will survive Sam's finals but it may be brutal. We pray for you.
Love you,
Mom Richards

Nichole said...

OH man...you are a temptress!!! Those lemon meltaways looks glorious! (You know...my birthday is two weeks from today...)

sanda said...

Nichole-
I'd love to make you some if it's not against your diet, let me know... thanks to you and sharing your powder sugar I was able to make them.

Rachel said...

It's the holidays, enjoy for now and structure your goals afterwards. the holidays are meant to be enjoyed!