Tuesday, December 21

so amazing


yesterday I went to the gym
turned my ipod on
of course it was dead
I was disappointed I just wanted to zone out for at least 30 minutes
a little "me" time, you know?
Well I decided to exercise anyways
it wasn't that big of a deal
But I'm so glad that I did
I started thinking about our bodies and how amazing our bodies are
Think of everything your body does, without you ever thinking about it.
breath in
breath out
heart beating
healing of a scar
telling us we are hungry/full
nails/hair growing
blinking
etc
etc etc
Our bodies are amazing.
I hope you are doing everything in your power to take care of it
Another thought about our bodies is everything it tolerates and how it adapts
A month ago I started being able to run again
I was running so slow... couldn't even say it was run probably
I limit myself to two runs a week so I don't overtrain and re-injure myself
But in a month my body has adapted to running so quickly
I went from barely being able to run 5mph for 10 minutes
Now I can run 5.5-6.5 mph for 30 minutes.
I just think it's such an amazing thing that we are so blessed to have
Working at the hospital I realize what a rare thing it is to have a healthy body
there are so many things that could go wrong
I feel so blessed to be so healthy and things working the way they were designed to.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

oh I couldn't agree with you more...I think about that every bike ride, run, swim that I do. what a blessing!