Sunday, December 12

countdown

I think I've been counting down the days until the end of finals longer than Sam.
5days 120 hours
3 tests to go
I can't wait for Sam to be done with studying and the stress of school
Last week we were at a Christmas party.
Peter Brienholt was the entertainment, it was so nice to listen to the Christmas music
But we had to leave early so Sam could go study.
See school just ruins everything.... except for the fact that it leads you to a career eventually.:)
Later that night Sam was on call and got called in for his first graveyard.
I have a lot of respect for those of you that spend multiple nights a week away from your husband
He left from the library to work around 11:30PM and didn't come home until 2:30PM
I'm such a paranoid person I worried about him the entire time that I barely slept too
How do Dr.'s and nurses do it, it's pretty amazing??
Anyways, back on subject I just can't wait for it to be done.
This weekend we took a nice break from school and watched Christmas movies under our tree
We were going to go to the lights at temple square but ran out of time due to other more important things
They'll be around for awhile though.

however the interesting thing is, is even though I'm watching Sam go through all the stress of school I am secretly kinda missing being a student and that feeling of accomplishment after finals. This week marks my one year graduation mark and I am enjoying reading and challenging my mind again, even kinda missing the pressure of school...

7 comments:

Stephanie K said...

Finals stink! Hang in there - not even a week left!! Woo hoo! :)

Anna Peterson said...

First of all, I absolutely LOVE the picture at the top of the blog. It is so beautiful and reminds me of your relationship. Second of all, I couldn't agree with you more! School is crazy and I can't wait to be done, but I know I'll miss it too. Good luck you guys, and can't wait to be with you. We played ticket to ride last night and I couldn't help think of you guys! You're the best!

Rachel said...

I hope that I will feel like that next year, but for now I'm thrilled to be done an very excited about the break!

ps the pic of you two, really, really great! You look beautiful.

Nichole said...

I can't believe you just said you missed it!! What's wrong with you!!!!??? I'm kidding.

Let me know if you need a buddy this week. We can play.

sam said...

man, you must really like this guy Sam. He seems pretty cool.

Sarah Hanks said...

I agree! I miss school and John thinks I'm nuts! Ha. Loved the quote below too. Thanks! Who took your pictures? Good photographer!

Amy said...

Sam, Sam, Sam...good luck with finals you two. We are going to see the lights on Monday if you want to join us. Oh and Amanda, if you ever get lonely when Sam is working nights just call me because Josh will probably be gone too. Love you guys!