Friday, March 18

neglect

Well like most resolutions go by March you've lost your motivation and great desire to really make that change.  I had high hopes to blog more frequently-about every other day ish.  And now life seems too crazy to even pull out the computer and jot down my thoughts
Ironically though as I look back on the past week and half nothing out of the ordinary sticks out to me.  It's pretty much been just normal life around here.

February and March is total birthday season around here, it's like Christmas all over again celebrating so many birthdays.  I kick off the celebration, then emilie, katy, lizzy, josh, andrew, amy, dave, lyndsay and our newest edition this year peter.  and that's not counting any cousin or aunt/uncle.  I love getting together for birthday's.  especially with all my nieces and nephews around.  there's so much energy as we sing happy birthday again.  sometimes i even feel like a kid again as i live vicariously through my 7,8,and 9 year old niece and nephews.

this is ella, andrew's oldest 6, same age as me when he started dating amy.

Last Thursday we celebrated Andrew, he turned 40! holy cow i know.  Andrew is my oldest brother in law, but he's more like a brother.  Andrew started dating Amy when I was just 6 and half.
i grew up with him around.  i did what all little girls did and followed them around the house, trying to show off and have him like me more than amy.  so many times i sat on the couch holding his hand.  as I thought about andrew turning 40 I thought, 'wow that's way old, he's getting up there'.  10 more years and his 50 getting a colonoscopy and using a walker.  then it hit me like a ton of bricks, holy cow i'm only 6 years from 30 and 16 from 40.  the older I get the more time flies by without me even noticing.

this is andrew imitadating his daughter, ella is pictures.... mexico 2008

Andrew was a good sport with his birthday.  kind of a funny, maybe too much for some of you family tradition is to hang bra's on trees and all over the porch with a sign that says, 'help support andrew he turned 40'.  he was grateful he lived at the end of the circle where not very many people travel.  the entire family crashed an after dinner party with 40 balloons, pies, cakes and presents.  i wish i would have had my camera to capture it all. 
what would we do without family to travel through the journey of life.  this is amy, andrew and girls.  girl number 3 arrived just a couple weeks after my wedding.  

No comments: