Monday, February 7

random

I think it was pretty obvious
 that with the new year I had high hopes to blog more frequently 
I loved re-reading a years worth of posts 
it's so convenient to have the story and pictures together in one spot 
so I tried to put my 'people pleaser' behind me 
I tried to not worry so much about what people thought about my post 
I tried to stop competing with some of my favorite blogs to read 
and I tried really hard to just be me (why can that be so hard??)
writing what's important to me 

well it's been 3 whole days since I have written a post! ;) 
and I'm too lazy to upload the pictures from the weekend 
but I have a few random thoughts that have been passing through me today 

it was my birthday and it was one of the best birthday's i've ever had
(more later)
today I thought for sure my fish, Red was dead 
our stairs are finally completed, come on over!
I have just one day left at cardiac rehab, I hope I can get through it 
my friend went into labor today, 
and I can't wait for the time that I get to experience that feeling
(not an announcement)
our power was out for about 3 hours today, of course right when the sun went down  
resulted in reading my book using 2 candles while sitting on the floor 
and I'm totally experiencing an extreme weekend hangover

Hope you had a happy monday!! 

posts to come: 
birthday
menus 
what i'll miss about work

2 comments:

Confidante said...

Thank you, great post.
I know what it feels like to be a people pleaser. I am a professional confidante and I recently wrote a book that helped a lot of people with learning to say ‘No’. Reviews say that it's very funny and compassionate. “Rediscovering the power of No”. There is an excerpt on the web http://www.letsdoarealitycheck.com/12.html, I’d love to hear your thoughts if you read it.

Unknown said...

Amanda I really like reading your blogs. I think they are all very entertaining. You are a great writer. So please keep blogging so I can be entertained. Hope things are well. Miss you.