Sunday, February 13

birthday 2011

i had a birthday not too long ago 
i can't remember a time that i've felt so special as i did this year 
there wasn't one event that or gift that made me feel that way 
we didn't do anything to out of the ordinary

you know how sometimes your birthday turns in a birthweekend
we started celebrating last friday 
we went to our families favorite chinese restaurant 
it has a HUGE room where my entire family can fit 
the little kiddo's can run around and don't have to sit still the entire time
the food is delicious 
sam loved eating left-over chinese all week long
i love simple parties because if allows you time to talk and hang-out 
i got to sit next to my grandma 
she made me feel special by bringing me a favorite birthday treat 
kolache's 
you probably haven't ever had one or heard of one 
it's a pastry and it's declicious, i had four 
apple, blueberry, strawberry, raspberry 
(singing 'underwater style with all the kids)
sam surprised me with an afternoon of shopping 
we went to all my favorite stores 
i felt so lucky to find clothes that actual fit!
then he took me for a much needed polish change 
i was surprised when two of our closest friends joined us 
for dinner, dessert and games all night long 
we got addicted to just dance, and had to buy our own the next day

random people at church new it was my birthday 
they went out of their way to say it 
family and friends called and said the nicest things 
the richard's treated us to a delicious feast 
mama richards made both desserts that i suggested 
they were so yummy
(the richards' have the tradition to say why you love the person 
who's birthday it is, luke loved me because I'm his brodder) so cute!
everyone's presents and comments were thoughtful 
heart felt sincere comments that melted my heart 
my last birthday treat... 
one of my YW and a leader surprised me with chocolate fondu!
i scraped the bowl clean. 

i hope this isn't a brag post 
i'm writing the way i did mostly for myself 
selfish i know
but i was so touched this year 
and that's what i want to remember the most 
how much love i felt.

thank you thank you thank you!

3 comments:

Greg and Sarah said...

happy (late) birthday! i'm sorry i didn't say anything (i didn't know). it sounds like you had a good one though! you deserved it!

Stephanie K said...

So glad you had such a wonderful birthday! :) and you got such cute clothes too! Happy birthday once again.

linsey rose said...

you actually like kolaches??? you might be the only one ;) love you!