Saturday, February 26

and so we fought

I don't want this blog to be a 'look at me i'm so cool' blog
or a 'my life sucks, feel sorry for me blog'
i hope that i never come across like i'm bragging or looking for attention
that's not my intention ever
i use this blog to share random thoughts and events
and am really sorry if it ever comes across any other way

tuesday i finished "the help"
it was a fantastic book
it came out a year ago and i've been wanting to read it for about that long
if you haven't read it, do you'll love it
so thursday i started another book.
(i've really been loving to read while doing the elliptical or bike lately)
my mom gave me and all my siblings a book on communicating


it's specifically about communicating in 'critical conversations'
as i read the beginning pages the book nailed 5 situations i'd been in recently
so after i had put in my time on the elliptical i packed up and headed home

all week i'd been looking forward to thursday
mr. r had 3 test plus a quiz on thursday and i couldn't wait to have him back
i expected him to be ready to hang-out, catch up etc.
but he wasn't
he was drained and incompetent
one bad comment lead to another and all the sudden we're both so upset
pretty much over nothing
our fights are always pretty mild
and we never go to bed mad at each other, we try to but never can
everything just spun out of control
we were literally fighting about nothing
the worse part about being married to mr r. 
is he is the most wonderful sensitive man
he's always the one to come and make things right
i'm the prideful brat every time
it's usually my fault we are in a tiff anyways
and he always fixes it

good thing i'm reading a book on how to communicate better!!
i have to add
we have friends who claim they have never fought
which is amazing
but sometimes i'm grateful for these little tiffs
we've probably only had 1-2/year married
but they make us so much stronger
after we work it out the unity is a little bit stronger
our love a little bit deeper
and our understanding for each other that much better

4 comments:

Nichole said...

I thought I heard you guys screaming obscenities at each other the other night. It was refreshing to know that we're not the only ones in the house that do that....oh wait, two weeks ago I think there was a crazy cat fight upstairs. Maybe you should leave that book on their doorstep after you're done with it...or ours...Yeah, maybe can I borrow that one when you're done?

Rachel said...

haha, love those married fights. clint is just like sam, always coming to make things right, I'm the stubborn brat who must have her way...ha, maybe you should pass along the communication book to us too :) I mean seriously, who couldn't benefit from a little bit of structure from a communication book??

Amy said...

Who is Mr. R? I can't believe you guys can't get along...if you ever need any relationship advice you can just call us! :) love ya

w and w said...

you guys are so great! Isn't it funny how we can be that way with the people we love the most? I'm glad you have a book, but at the same time I'm sure you don't need much advice to begin with. miss you