Thursday, February 3

don't come knocking on my door

I came home from work yesterday
with our stair well leading to our door looking similar to this..
nobody was around to explain what was going on 
and considering it was 20 degrees outside 
waiting around outside wasn't an option I had to get in
I climbed over our railing and carefully lowered myself into the pile of mess
later that day I heard a lot of noise outside the kitchen window 
mr. s was climbing in the window
so for the rest of the day we used the window to get in and out

I wonder what our neighbors thought
we'd have to walk through their yard to get to our window 
for all you criminals our window is locked and the screen back in tack
because now we have this to get in and out instead
we have to keep the tarp covering it unless we need access to our door 
it is such a pain to move the huge, seriously huge dirty and kinda heavy tarp 
so I do ninja moves every time I come and go.

their replacing our top four stairs because they were falling apart
makes me grateful for full functioning stairs 
everything is so much harder when you have to propel yourself to get out the door 
all the sudden taking the garbage out is the hardest chore
but good news the cement should hopefully be dry tomorrow 
our stairwell should be good as new(literally)

2 comments:

JWaldron said...

Oh my goodness Amanda! That looks so annoying. Sorry about your doorway.

Nichole said...

(Your neighbors are sorry they've run over the tarp and wood planks for a week now. But happy they can now get their mail sans ninja moves.

-Neighbors)