Tuesday, February 22

declutter

I must have spring fever(who doesn't) because I can't wait to get home and clean
Spring cleaning
I love our little house but it lacks in storage
we have one tiny hole in the wall 'closet' which barely fits our coats alone
we've had to get creative and be organized in order to find space for anything
well as we all know organization is a constant thing
you can't just organize once and be done forever
what happens when you buy something new??
you have to find a place for it
well it's time to pull out the drawers, open the cupboards
i have to empty them all out
and make my piles
keep, donate, trash
i always have the hardest time knowing what to keep
so what I haven't worn it for a year-it's the top I wore to christmas dance in 2002
which was also my first anthropologie experience
this is a pretty pathetic example
here's another;
I have a stuffed animal(I know I said this wasn't pathetic)
it's my first recollection of buying something for myself
my mom had me save enough money to buy it
sometimes I think I should never get rid of it... but what should I do with it?
what if somebody else could love it?

how do you decide if you can get rid of something?
not just clothes, but letters, tokens, things from your childhood etc.?
or if you've decided to keep them what are you doing with them?



2 comments:

Hebdon Family said...

I have most of my keepsakes in a cedar chest. It's pretty small, not anything really big. So if I have something that I really want to remember or share with my kids or something, I put it in my cedar chest. It's just my "place" for those kinds of things.

Jill Kennedy said...

I get in trouble when I get into the organizing mood. I have thrown away things that I now regret!