Tuesday, November 9

Making your bed


more-views.html.jpg



A while back I was watching one of the morning shows at work in our cardiac gym. They were giving 6 ways to start your day right. I can only remember one out of six
MAKE YOUR BED
I remember this one because afterwards I had a conversation with a patient about how if you have time to make your bed in the morning it's a sign that you had enough time to do everything else you needed/wanted to do. Which I totally agree with.
Sam typically leaves the house before seven which means it's up to me to make the bed. I love making the bed. It's so rewarding to walk into your room at the end of the day to a nice fluffy bed waiting for you... doesn't get much better.
Today I had an clinical orientation at the hospital. I thought it didn't start until 9 when my co-worker texted me at 8:03 and said it really started at 8. I read the text in my towel with my hair still wet and had just finished my make-up. Making my bed wasn't going to happen. Which definitely was an indicator of how my day was starting. Lucky for me Sam made the bed before I had walked out the door.

**Making my bed is even more rewarding because I just bought the bedding in the picture above, in a gorgeous jade color. (gotta love ebay).

2 comments:

Sarah Hanks said...

Hey! You posted on my blog! That made me so happy! I actually read your blog all the time. I love it! Haha our Mom's quilt groups. Bless our hearts! We'll probably be doing one someday...I'll definitely try to post more often. You and Sam sound so happy. I'm SERIOUSLY jealous of your cute decorated apartment! Teach me?

Amy said...

I can't see your bedding. the pic isn't there. i want to see...