Monday, November 1



Ever since I was little I have loved re-arranging things. My sister lizzy and I could entertain ourselves for hours taking apart our playmobil houses and putting them back together again. As embarassing as it is I find myself watching my nieces and nephews in the "dollhouse room" setting up a house perfectly just for it to get wrecked minutes later.
Having more than one room to re-arrange has been a dream come true for me. If you have never been to my place than you should know every room is really odd shaped, which doesn't leave much wiggle room for moving stuff around. But, since we've lived here I have frequently moved this to that room and that to this room etc. as much as I could. Now more than two years later I feel like almost everything is in the right place. I worked hard, with Sam's help to get the living room and kitchen just how I liked it, a new couch was the finishing touch. But lately my focus has been our bedroom. The finishing touches are coming together and I couldn't be happier.
One of my favorite additions to our bedroom are these lights on both sides of the bed. Since the room is so long there isn't room for any sort of night stand or table. So we found these sweet lights that are perfect for reading and mounted onto the wall. They are a true luxury.
I love what spray paint can do! I recently painted this dresser to match our bed. I found some simple but really cute knobs that I couldn't be happier with at a hardware store in Holladay. The hardware was the finishing touch and I love how the entire wall turned out.
The bedroom is almost completely done. I've been looking for inspiration for some kind of hanging over the bed... if you have any fabulous ideas please pass them along.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I really would love a consult from you and Lizzy re the setup of our Toledo house. But that means you'd have to come see it. You're invited any time!

Medaris Family said...

I think your bedroom looks beautiful! Great Job. You can come and rearrange my home anytime. That is something I have never done and have no experience in.

w and w said...

Job well done! Love the story below about the salad... so similar to Will. The weight thing cracks me up. Oh how we miss you!