Thursday, August 30

remembering

I remember the day Sam set up our crib
our room wasn't painted... in fact it was a mess 
since we had moved into our house we knew the room was going to be a nursery 
but it became the, 'just put in the babies room' room 
it was filled with lots of random things needing to find new homes
once we bought our crib we started to get motivated to clean it out and make it a special space

I remember waking up the next morning and walking out of our bedroom and seeing the crib
chills shivered up my legs and into my spine as the realization hit me
that crib was for my little baby growing readily inside of me 
of course excitement filled me up as I pictured myself going to fetch my little one over and over again

thanks to a wonderful support system, friends and family that room transformed 
it soon filled with diapers, wipes, bath gear, blankets, books, clothes etc. etc. 

and now all those things I envisioned and dreamt about are coming true.  
that room has become Mack's room and it's arguable my favorite room in the house
I love hearing him talk in his crib as he patiently waits for me to come and get him

yesterday Mack slept until 830, I woke up before that and went to take a peak at my sleeping little one
I found this little sweet one peacefully sleeping away. 







1 comment:

richards.fun said...

I sure do love him. I can tell he loves his room and is very happy. What a wonderful mother you are.
Love
Mom Richards