Thursday, August 23

lazy day

Today was a lazy day.
it's very rare that I get to have one and I must admit I really enjoyed it.
Mack and I spent lots of time snuggling together
I didn't worry about the laundry, cleaning, cooking or any other projects 
I didn't have anywhere I had to be
I just enjoyed the day.
why is it so hard to enjoy and live in the moment? 
maybe it's just me, but my mind is constantly a step ahead

'once Mack is asleep I'm going to .....' shower, eat, clean this, sew that etc. 
but today once Mack was asleep I just held him and didn't worry about the other stuff 

you wouldn't be able to do this everyday, nothing would ever get done 
but today I was okay with it and looking back on my day, you'd think I would feel dissatisfied or unaccomplished but I actually feel such great joy. 

after doing nothing all day we topped it off with sitting around the pool enjoying the night.
Mack took his first ride in a truck