Tuesday, April 5

to be or not to be

this past weekend we enjoyed watching general conference.  originally we planned to head to the cabin for the weekend as a mini-getaway but are plans changed and we enjoyed it from home, which hasn't happened many times in our marriage.  it was wonderful to lounge around our home together and allow the voices of church leaders fill our walls.  the messages of peace and love couldn't come at any better of a time than during this time of turmoil and disasters in our world.  I always walk away from conference weekend with a couple messages in the front of my mind, they are motivation that I can persevere and keep moving forward and upward in my life.  and I really love being able to revisit the messages during the months to come.  words seem to take a new meaning as I experience new things and challenges.
I'm not one to share much about religion on this blog.  I have a spiritual journal that I like to keep my spiritual thoughts and inspirations all together in one place.  however one message from conference applies to everyone religious or not.  the talk was centered around 'to be or not to be'.  he discussed the difference between doing something and becoming something.
i am a list maker and huge talker, i seem to always have great ideas! but i have the hardest time executing these great ideas.  lately it's something i've been working on.  it's one of the reasons we've planned this trip to europe.  instead of just talking about how wonderful a journey through europe would be together it was time to start planning it and making preparations.  this is quite a dramatic example and quite different than the point of the speaker but along the similar lines.  his message stretched my way of thinking and reminded me of something that is a life long process.  from just doing something to get it done, check it off the list, to becoming and being someone better through a task that has to be done.
anyone can do something and complete a task but it takes someone special who completes it and becomes a better person because of it.  
good luck to each of us as we try to become better through everyday things rather.
conference talks are available for viewing and listening on lds.org
and reading this thursday

No comments: