Sunday, May 3

MONOTONOUS LIVES

About 3 weeks ago I said to Sam, we need to do something crazy.  I feel like we do the same things over and over again.  I definitely love things that we do but it is so easy to get stuck in a routine.  Wake up, go to work, go to school, go to gym, make dinner, do dishes, do homework, go to bed.   The same thing over and over again.  So we decided to brainstorm what we could do.   Winter can be hard, doing things outside is typically more expensive and time consuming so we decided we wanted to take advantage of the warm weather and go to the park.  Well since then our lives have been nothing close to our routines.  We have had a great two weeks house sitting.  The first week we spent at my parents taking care of the high maintenance scooter, Sam and scooter really bonded this go around, something about those 3 AM feedings.  Then the week after we took on 4 crazy BYU fanatics, the Lindquists.   Whenever we watch a family I have a meltdown half way through, thinking to myself, "the money isn't worth it!, get me out of here!".  But much to our surprise there was no meltdown.  We had a great time with these kids, but were still in much need of a break Tuesday night, when the Richards took us to Wicked!.  We both loved the show, it's great to be able to listen to the soundtrack and Sam not complain, what a fun night, Thank you so much Richard parentals!!.  All the coming and goings definitely broke up our daily routine and I couldn't be happier to be back at home.  Although our routine is not waiting for us, finals are this upcoming week.   As soon as Sam is done with his final final we are heading for St. George to relax, get a tan, shop and for Sam's triathlon.  

Then we are back for a summer routine, something like a jog in the morning, pool in the afternoon, happy hour at sonic, and boating every other day..... free to dream right!

1 comment:

Hebdon Family said...

I'm glad I'm not the only who feels that way! :)