Wednesday, May 13

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

For the last few years I have had a 'quoteables' calendar.  I look forward to the first day of the month when I get to flip the calendar and read the new quote.  This months was perfect for all that was going on.   This was the perfect quote to really get Sam mentally ready for his big triathlon in St. George.   



After getting all marked up Sam was ready to act as if it were impossible to fail.  So we went back to the hotel and he put all his gear on, mentally pumping himself up.




So the morning of the race he was ready to go, and he knew he wouldn't fail.  He left the hotel and picked up Amy right on time, they got the transition area and set up all of their stuff and realized maybe coming a hour and half early wasn't such a great idea.  The race was postponed 40 minutes because of the strong winds, and when they realized the winds weren't going to calm down the swim was cancelled, and the triathlon became a run, bike, run.  And Sam did awesome, he finished the race in less than 2 hours, and was still smiling when it was all through.   



Way to go Sam!
 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for being my race partner. I had a great time maybe another sometime? Amanda? We did it!!!

Mom and Dad Richards said...

I am so proud of Amanda for being such a great spectator and supporter. And Saaammm way to go! You did it! The funniest part for me was watching you come to use Dad's bike and as soon as you arrived it would start pouring rain and you would have to ride in the rain. But you did it anyway! You are awesome, and way to go!
Love you,
Mom R

maryirene said...

that is so cool that you and amy did that together! way to go!