Saturday, July 21

that little stinker

Mack is getting older and more alert.  This last week has been one of the most challenging but most rewarding weeks yet.  For those mothers out there I know you know exactly what I'm talking about.  He is so needy, wants to be held, bounced, rocked, pretty much all the time.  He's coming out of newborn stage where he slept most of the time and was pretty easy to put to sleep.  Now he likes to stay awake and play but if I'm not careful and let him play too long then I have an overtired and overstimulated baby who can be very hard to console.





It seems like he will fuss for hours.. even though it's not that long and it always seems to happen when I'm hungry or really trying to get something done.  By the time I have him calmed down I'm be exhausted in every way, physically, mentally, and emotionally.  The worse part is, is typically I'll put him down and look at the clock and realize I have about 15 minutes before he will wake wanting to eat again.. then we get to repeat the cycle.


But without fail this will happen and as he is drifting asleep he give me the biggest grin, or a little chuckle making my heart melt and striping all the frustrations away.  I love him so much.

2 comments:

Anna Peterson said...

Amanda you are an amazing mother. Really.

Rachel said...

what a cute little man. glad to hear that through the ups and downs you are still enjoying motherhood. can't wait to totally pick your brain with my many questions! haha