Monday, May 7

proud moment


Sam graduated this weekend
he was all smiles, ear to ear
it was such a special moment for our family
I was so happy to be given permission from my doctor to attend the graduation

Sam has been working so hard, especially the last couple years.
he's had to struggle to figure out how to learn material, he's had to study a little harder than the guy next door to earn the same score, he's had to take a little longer on his assignment get it ready, he's had to retake some classes, but he did it.  he sacrificed long hours and missed out of activities to make it.  I'm so proud of him for preserving and making it happen.

while sitting at graduation last night I was thinking how lucky I am to come from a family and marry into a family that values education so much.  Education provides so many opportunities and experiences.  It provides security and jobs.  For me and Sam going to college wasn't an option it was the standard.  It was the natural thing that you did after highschool.  I'm so grateful to of had a family that financially supported me in college allowing me to continue my education without having to go into debt.  What a huge blessing to be able to not be limited.  Hopefully we will be able to do the same for our kids one day.
congrats sam!

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Yay! Big day, glad you got to go, I hope you took a picture with him with your cute little baby bump.

Andrea said...

Congrats to you too! We need to get together and celebrate both our graduates!