Monday, May 9

fantastic friday's

Friday's have always been one of the best days of the week.... for obvious reasons.  but Friday's shine even brighter in my life because from May until the end of August I get paid Friday's off.  After working my first technical four day work week I've decided that's the way to go.  It allowed me a day to myself and then because I got so much done on Friday it allowed me and Mr. R. an entire Saturday to do as we please.

Because Friday is my 'day off' I've decided to have some sort of 'me' time.  I decided that every Friday I want to try a new recipe.  I am totally guilty of drooling over recipes and pictures on line during the week at work and Friday now provides a day with ample of time to try something new.  This week I made inside-out carrot cake muffins.  They were delicious.
IMG_1846.jpg


Also Fridays are for re-kindling relationships.  I've never been really good at 'staying in touch'.  I think of all the great and wonderful people I've rubbed shoulders with throughout my life, Friday's are for touching base with them again.  Last Friday I revisited cardiac rehab to provide a proper thank you for how nice all of them were before I quit.  I was planning on only staying about 30 minutes but ended up talking the afternoon away.

Last Friday's are for projects.  I have list and list of to-do lists and Friday is for picking at least one and checking it off.  This week I cleaned the mattress.. yes seriously.  Forever ago I read an article on 'real simple'... which cleaning a mattress seems far beyond real simple but anyways they gave me a short cut version and long version to clean my mattress, I took the short cut version because our mattress is fairly new and in good condition.

This weekend was topped off my two tennis games in the awesome sun shiny weather, tasty dinner at citrus grill, James baptism, Roland's MBA graduation, mother's day parties and a run around the block to prepare for some upcoming races.

Have a great Monday everyone.  Hopefully the sun will be back and shining for the weekend.

1 comment:

Queen Mum said...

I'd love to hear how the simple way is to clean a mattress! I'm jealous of Friday's off! Fun to have a day to yourself I'm sure.