Tuesday, August 3

food

I love to cook, but cooking in the Summer can be frustrating. It's so hot outside I don't want to turn the oven on to make things even hotter. Not to mention if I am already hot why would I want to eat something hot??. Does anybody else ever feel this way. Plus the summer is crazy, we don't have a consistent schedule day to day, sometimes we have an hour to prepare and eat dinner, sometimes just 5 minutes. Luckily I have found a few great recipes that are quick/easy, fresh and tasty. **Bonus they filled up Sam and he liked them. I'm going to share them with you but will you pass along some of your favorite dishes?? Thanks.


I bought a rotisserie chicken and used it for the next two meals, I haven't ever bought one and loved have simple it made these two meals, plus a little cheaper! This next one is a cobb salad pizza, I loved the flavor of the dressing, I added extra greens to mine and Sam added extra chicken and bacon.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=2001880
This last one is a curry chicken salad that we put on the whole wheat thin buns, I added lots of
greens and ate it with corn on the cob for a side. Sam didn't love this meal but he isn't a big curry lover. You could omit the curry or just use less.
This last recipe is a mango chicken wrap, it took about 15 minutes total but at least an hour for the chicken to marniate. It was sweet with the perfect amount of kick. mmhm I love mango's.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dynaction=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1206091
PS I love using the crock pot, nothing better than coming home and dinner's waiting.
I hope you guys enjoy this meals. Please share some of your favorites. Thanks!!
Happy Cooking

No comments: