Friday, May 7

off early

Wednesday at one 0'clock I was walking home from the hospital. It was a weird day. I arrived at work at 7:30 planning on staying until about 5 o'clock. I anticipated a typical Wednesday of working late and having to rush home to make dinner and get to young womens, not stopping at the gym, not even stopping to blink. Anyways back to my story I started making a list of my patients that day. 9:00 o'clock my helper came in and we got to work. By noon we had seen everyone once and some even twice, two patients to go, so they sent us both home early.

It was nice out so I decided to walk leisurely home from the hospital, enjoying the fresh air and getting to wear my sunglasses. My mind wandered as I thought of all the things I could do with the few extra hours I would have that day.
go to the gym and stay as long as I want
make dinner and try a new side dish
update my blog
clean my bathroom
do a load of laundry and fold it
pick up the last needed supplies for young women's later that night
paint my nails
take a long bath
etc etc etc

I spent my time at the gym, making dinner, and painting my fingernails(while catching up on the biggest loser). Sometimes I just can't get myself to be really truly productive with those few extra hours, but, isn't it just so nice to have some unexpected time off??! I definitely enjoyed it.

What do you do when he randomly and miraculously (I might add) get a few hours off to yourself?

1 comment:

Mom and Dad Richards said...

I love to pick up my book and sit in the sun on the porch to read.
It was so wonderful to watch you go through the graduation ceremonies. You have worked so hard and done such a great job. Congratulations college graduate!