Friday, June 29

a little boy

a lot of you have asked me how it felt to finally find out the gender of the baby right after delivery.
honestly it was so fun and so special.  we had no idea what we were having.  no technician, doctor or nurse ever slipped or told us.  Towards the last few weeks of pregnancy I had a blast buying boy and girl clothes.  The nursery I wanted gender neutral, I've never been one who wanted all pink or all blue, so it wasn't a big deal.  

When the nurse told me it was time to start pushing it made me so excited that I was so close to knowing.  Despite how drained and tired I already was it was great motivation to push hard so I could find out.  Sam got to see first and told me with a huge grin, 'it's a boy, we have a little boy!'... 'with tons of hair'.  Now i'm head over hills for this little boy.  

I cried when I realized that one day I'd send him on a mission, and cried even harder when I realized that he's get married and love someone more than his momma.  But until then I'm excited for the trucks, trains, wrestling, and sporting events.  


2 comments:

the glausers said...

Yay for boys!

si tu veux said...

Amanda and Sam! Congrats...welcome Mack! What a wonderful few posts I have missed. We miss you. Sad that we missed your shower. And we need to drop by a gift and our love to you for all your service while in our ward. Thanks for your friendship to Clarissa.

I love your beautiful post. It reminded me of a picture that I showed Jeremy this morning....made me cry....again Mothers and Sons...really a special thing. You love them enough and it is a hard thing to ponder letting go as you let them grow. I wish I could pause them sometimes...keep them little for a little while longer.

Love ya.