Wednesday, April 18

Our silly confused baby

Its been awhile.
I've been pretty distracted with tax season and trying to stay afloat.
Everything else had to go.
Sigh..
Tax season is over
I wish I could have been there to celebrate with my co workers.

Sunday night I started feeling funny.
Never deny mother intuition because it's real.
Monday I started timing some contractions and decided by noon I needed to call the doctor
Of course they wanted me to come in, better safe than sorry.
Once they monitored some contractions and saw they were about ten minutes apart I had a cervix check. Dilated to a 1. Not too big of a deal as long as it doesn't change right.
So up to the hospital I went. Luckily Sam was working so he just came up from the OR to meet me.

I sat on the monitor for a few more hours. As long as my cervix didn't change I could go home.
Well it did change. Dilated to a 3cm. Dang this would be awesome just a month later if I wasn't 33 weeks.

So at the hospital I stayed. Everything moved rapidly at that point, main goal stop contractions and keep baby in for at least 48 more hours. Long enough for them to get two doses of. Steroid for their lungs. I got started on magnesium sulfate right away to relax the uterus. It is the worse drug. It immediately takes over your body with heat, inside and out. You feel like you can't breath and hot and nauseated. It was a terrible 20 minutes.

Well long story short, I stayed on magnesium for about 30 hours and contractions separated and became irregular. I got to switch rooms today for recovery and hopefully go home Friday for bed rest until baby comes.

It's been a roller coaster ride filled with emotion and fears. Our family and faith have carried us along and we are so grateful for medicine and technology to help us through this time.

5 comments:

Taylor and Nikki said...

I am glad you are okay! Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Thank heavens for modern medicine!

Anna Peterson said...

Amanda I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Just want you to know I love you and that you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. It is so hard to be in the hospital and feeling awful and worrying. If you need someone to talk to or vent to please call. I just feel so much for you right now. I couldn't believe how calm and collected you were today. You are so brave. It will soon pass and you'll have your beautiful baby in your arms and it will all be over. Hope you get to go home soon. Love you!

Simply White said...

We've been thinking of you and praying for you. Glad your home and everything's okay.

Jane Durham said...

Oh wow! I hope your baby will calm down and wait for a while for you! Good luck on bedrest! Glad all is okay.

Medaris Family said...

Oh Amanda, I am so glad you and baby are ok. I will also keep you in my prayers. You are a very strong woman. Something I have always admired about you. I love reading your posts on your blog. Keep us updated on things. Hope all continues to go well.