Tuesday, September 13

almost halfway through september

You blink your eye once and an entire month has passed.
My dad was the bearer of bad news when he announced he'd be closing the pool after labor day
summer's over
and now i'm longing more than ever to jump in the pool
wear my white jeans and trouser pants(I still will, I don't follow fashion rules)
and spend an afternoon on the lake

I feel like now we are scrabbling to fit everything in for the last time before fall truly comes
we hiked mt. olympus with my nephews the other day
we are still planning boating outings with family and friends
planning tennis into the cool evenings
walking to get a frozen yogurt
and riding our bikes
going up the canyon for fires and desserts

however luckily fall brings plenty of things to look forward to
wearing my boots
that new leather jacket from the nordstrom sale
putting up fall decorations
eating soups and stews
and cozying up to the fire
changing of the leaves

**everyday I think how eternally lucky and grateful I am to live where I do and to enjoy what I see, hear and experience.  This world is such a beautiful place and we are trying all we can to enjoy every part of it

1 comment:

sam said...

you forgot to put that you love to go to football games