Monday, June 13

the best

**warning, sappy post
 
i've been getting this questions alot lately, 'what was the best part of your trip?'
it's the hardest question to think of a great answer to
I think of us wondering the streets of paris; eating gelato and crepes, discovering the hidden treasures of the city, then my mind wanders to provence where we drove the countryside and enjoying the care-free life.  Exploring the unchartered waters, eating true french food not knowing exactly what it is.   
 Then being in England, one of my favorite places to visit, riding the buses, getting lost in the windy streets, and eating at pret, my favorite place
 but none of those things top the person i was with.  i feel like i fell in love all over again.  not that i ever fell out of love, but i bonded in a different way that's really challenging to explain.  we bonded over tired and tender feet, sharing gelato, planning our day, discovering where we were on the map, and holding hands all the while.  
 traveling with my husband has been the greatest blessing.  we got to rekindle our relationship.  i don't get me wrong, we're completely head over heals for one another at home but it's different being so detached from the world.
 we get to forget about our home responsibilities.  and we get to be selfish just worrying about one another and pleasing our instincts. 
 because our life's are typically so far from this behavior i think it's incredibly healthy for us to run away every so often and enjoy the wonderful people we are.
   i'm so happy definitely 'the best' part of the trip being there with my husband falling in love.

ps. it's his birthday today, happy birthday baby.

8 comments:

Nichole said...

I just got goosebumps reading this post! So cute and so awesome. I'm so happy that was your favorite part of your lavish trip! Good job Richards!

Greg and Sarah said...

you two are just too cute! miss you my vt companion!

Anna Peterson said...

Amanda, this post makes me so happy. Seriously, I'm getting teary over here! Thank you for loving my brother so much. I think he's the best too! He was my good friend growing up. Happy birthday Sam, and I'm so glad you two got a break from the craziness. Love you both so much.

Abbie said...

I was too distracted by your first photo in this blog post to think this post was sappy... what are those things around Sam's neck? Are those from the 90's? Where's his walkman to go with them? Maybe we'll get Sam some new ones for his birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!

PS. The word verification for this post was Nisitud. Thats sounds like a solid name for a first born.
PSPS. Why is there a handicapped sign after the text box for the word verification? Should I be offended?

Stephanie K said...

so cute amanda. i'm so glad you guys had a good time and got to bond so much. :)

Stephanie K said...

ps tell sam i said happy late birthday ;)

JWaldron said...

Thanks for sharing all your beautiful pics. Your trip looks like a dream!

maryirene said...

so cute. i loved reading those words. what an amazing trip!