Monday, June 28

simple pleasure

I took an early weekend last week to go camping for girls camp. Needless to say it was nothing like the rough out camp I had in my youth. We slept on a nice grass lawn adjacent to a building with showers, toilets and a fully equipped kitchen. Despite the luxuries I still came home Saturday morning exhausted.

After napping and spending time at the pool our original plans of going to the Art's Festival didn't sound so great. Instead we ate our red butte cafe on the front lawn and walked to 7eleven to share a Slurpee. It was such a simple night but sometimes the most simplest activities bring the most pleasure and best memories.
What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

Hebdon Family said...

So true! Brian and I went on our first date since Aidan was born. It was so exciting! haha

Rachel said...

I think those nights are my favorite. Isn't it funny how we sometimes think things need to be so elaborate, and the basic things are the ones remember and enjoy so much.

We went water skiing, just clint, myself and his brother Jed. Had dinner with my aunt and uncle from London, their trip is coming to a quick end and it was really good to just sit and talk and laugh. Hope your week is going great!