Tuesday, December 29

"i cry the day we take the tree down... "



Growing up I remember listening to the song, "I cry the day we take the tree down, I want the season to last all year round..." This line seemed to be on repeat in my head yesterday as Sam and I put all the Christmas decorations away(all 2 tuber-wares). I wasn't really crying but reflecting back on this Christmas season and remembering all we had done and memories we'd created.




This was my second year being married during Christmas. I didn't think that we could have more fun than last year but I was wrong. We enjoyed going from party to party, spending time with family and friends, eating delicious foods, playing fun gams, and being away from school and work.
Sam and I are trying to start our own traditions that hopefully our future family will continue. One of these traditions is to get our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. We are forced to get a skinny tree because we don't have much space. This year we got our tree and got the extension cords out to discover a fuse had been broken. It was too late to run to the store so I decided to hang all of my ornaments from the ceiling above the fireplace instead. It looked so festive, it felt like I had moved into new house. Later we decorated our tree with fancy garlands and stars.
One of my favorite parts of this Christmas was picking out presents for everyone on my "nice list". This year I was feeling extra creative and decided to make festive pillows for our friends. I had the best time designing and decorating these pillows. I found myself really productive throughout the day to allow me extra time to decorate more and complete the project. This picture is a picture of my first batch of pillows. I ended up making about 15 and can't wait to continue making things with my mom's help. If you want one let me know, I'd love to make more!

We seem to have a bit of a holiday-hang over here at the Richard's house. We are enjoying having a break from our everyday lives and responsibilities. We hope that you are too!

Happy New Year from our house to yours.

4 comments:

Simply White said...

Those pillows are so cute!! We had so much fun with you guys. We will miss you. Good luck with your new job, Amanda!

w and w said...

I loved my pillow thanks! I'm so excited for you and your new job. Let us know how you're liking it!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is adorable - I love it!! :) Don't worry...we just took our stuff down this last weekend. It's comforting to know there are other people that love Christmas too! :D

Phillip and Maggi said...

I LOVE my pillow and I am jealous that you made it! Next time I am home for a visit I will have to stop by and you can share your mad skills with me.