Friday, October 16

Fall Break in MOAB


I have officially purchased a bumper sticker, PARIS, TOYKO, LONDON AND MOAB. Now I have visited each of these places! We left for Moab last Saturday and returned on Tuesday night. I had never been to Moab and had a great time hiking and biking. We camped with some friends at a great camp site. I never thought I could enjoy camping but, this site had toilets, showers, hot tubs, and a pool. Some of my family probably wouldn't consider this camping.
We hiked to Delicate Arch, Devils Garden(including landscape arch, and Double O arches), and through Fiery Furnace. We also spent a morning on our bikes... which I have bruises and scrapes to prove. The ride was intense and there were parts that I hated it, but once I finished I felt like I had accomplished something. It was a great feeling and got me excited for next year.
Sometimes time away is just what the doctor ordered. This was our first time going somewhere that wasn't planned by our family and we want to do it more often. If you have any suggestions of where to go next let us know! Here are some pictures.
That's me biking down a hill. .. Don't worry I got sweet air.


Sam and Clint in the Double Arch
The group in front of Delicate Arch
Sam and I on top on the highest arch of Double Arch.

7 comments:

Anna Peterson said...

Way to go Amanda on surviving the bike ride! They can be kinda intense sometimes. This looks so fun you guys! Gotta love southern Utah. It is so beautiful there.

Nick Carraway said...

You have never been to Tokyo, admit it!

sanda said...

yes I have, with you!. I remember quite clearly the squaty potty.

sanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nichole said...

I would apppreciate it if you put a picture of me in your frame on your title of you blog...

Thanks.

By the way - I am a little jealous I didn't follow you to Moab. It looks like a good time! You should put a pic of your bruises on your blog...they are super bad (in a good way).

Unknown said...

We are jealous! It sounded so fun.

w and w said...

FUN FOR YOU GUYS! I LOVE MOAB. Good to see your pics. Hope all is well despite the craziness of school. much love.